Tips for Decluttering by Changing Lifestyle Solutions
Breaking Free From the Chaos and the Clutter!
Ten Warning Signs You May Have Too Much Stuff!!
- Have you ever looked inside a drawer, closet or cupboard and wondered, “what is this thing, I didn’t know I had this, or are certain someone else must have put it there”?
- Are you able to walk through every room without fear of falling?
- Can you sit on every piece of furniture without moving things off of it?
- Do you have piles of stuff over a foot high anywhere? Are they dusty?
- Can you get all of your cupboards, drawers, and closets shut and open?
- Do you have anything that still has the tags on and are keeping it even if you don’t like it?
- Any “great bargains” that you have not ever used?
- Are you keeping anything out of guilt?
- Is there anything in your home that you are convinced someone else may use someday?
- Do you ever look at your house and wish you had the time and energy to get rid of some of the stuff?
- Make a list of all of the areas you want to declutter
- Set a goal work on one room or closet at a time
- Keep a bag or box handy to put things in you want to get rid of
- Do something nice for yourself when you finish an area!
Tips for Decluttering
- Containers Anywhere save you time keep you organized and saves time cleaning!
- Kitchen take what you realistically use. One of each tool you use. Extra appliances do you still need a toaster and toaster oven, food processor. Do you still entertain? How many place settings do you use? Cups and glasses? Food and spices, check dates.
- Dining Room frequently room for one table, kitchen or dining.
- Closets always need help, what do you really wear? If you haven’t worn it in two years, find a new home for it!
- Bathrooms clean out things you don’t use, or are past expiration date
- Linen Closet, how many towels do you need, sets of sheets?
- Living room and bedrooms do you really use all of the furniture?
- Office items and paper, throw away papers you do not need? Are your printer, computer laptop up to date, do you use them, could you use a laptop or table instead?
- Holiday items can you consolidate choose your favorites?
- Don’t forget the garage and basement
Cathy Matrejek, Co-Owner